Center for Emerging Technologies
NACET is a technology business incubator and business accelerator located in Flagstaff, Arizona. NACET offers selected early-stage businesses a menu of traditional services such as furnished office and laboratory space, business consultation, shared office equipment, administrative support, business education, and workshops. Residents and affiliated companies receive added value through NACET's association with Northern Arizona University and other educational institutions. The role of the center is twofold; to increase the number of successful technology-based small companies in Northern Arizona and to promote and accelerate University, Federal Laboratory and Industry Technology Transfer and Commercialization.
Highlights of the new recreation facility include: Coaching and mentoring from both on-site and affiliated experts, connections to angel investors and venture capital resources, collaboration with private and public partners; including Arizona Technology Council, Arizona Department of Commerce, NAU, AZ-Bio (Biotech Council), Coconino County's Sustainable Economic Development Initiative & Federal Laboratories.
The facility includes: Shared copy center, common reception and conference room, furnished wet and dry labs starting at 300 sf., offices starting at 140 sf., video conferencing, security system, and a break room.
- OWNER: NACET
- PROJECT LOCATION: 2225 N Gemini Rd, Flagstaff, AZ 86004
- DELIVERY METHOD: GC-HARD BID
- ARCHITECT: Johnson Walzer Architects
- CONTRACTOR: Woodruff Construction
- Architecture Services
- Interior Design
- Project Manager: Mitch Walzer*
- Architect: Tim Whiteside*
- (*Proposed Team Members)
- Original Cost Amount: $4,273,000
- Final Cost Amount: $4,419,764
- Change Orders: $146,764*
- Owner Contingency Savings $0.00
- *(Owner Requested)
- Original Notice to Proceed: Sep. 2008
- Actual Notice to Proceed: Sep. 18, 2008
- Substantial Completion: Jan. 8, 2010
- Final Payment Date: Feb. 13, 2010
- Location: Flagstaff General Contractor