Work Ethic & Philosophy
Woodruff Construction uses a team approach for all projects. This philosophy is that a team approach to each project is the only way to have a truly successful project. Our firm promotes a strong alliance between all parties involved with a project. These parties typically include the Owners, Owner’s Customers and Clients, Design Team, Inspectors, Subcontractors and the Contractor. This partnering with all parties involved with the project supports open input from every group and also allows the whole team to set the project specific goals.
Some elements of our team philosophy include:
- Innovation: Create an environment where the project team encourages new and creative means and methods.
- Integration: Create an environment where the project team understands all project goals and accepts ownership for achieving these goals.
- Recognition: Celebrate all team and individual achievements.
- Honesty: Encourage all team members to be 100% honest with their feelings on input with the project.
- Communication: Create open and clear line of communication for all team members involved with project
Woodruff’s overall management approach is one of partnering with all parties involved in a project to work as a team always placing the owner’s interest first. We understand that the key to success of any project is to build team relationships through clear concise communication with a win-win-win partnering attitude between all of the parties. Achieving the best benefit for the entire team involves frequent communication to keep all team members informed of the project progress and key decisions.
From our previous experiences our firm has instituted administrative, procedural, and communication processes in place that have been successful. These processes will allow the team to manage the entire project team efficiently and quickly. From the inception of the project, the selected Project Manager, will lead the management efforts.
Quality Control & Performance
At the beginning of every project, Woodruff Construction sets goals for the company to ensure the highest quality for the owner’s best interest. Woodruff will monitor performance in every aspect of every given project to deliver the highest quality outcomes.
Woodruff Construction is committed to quality. Our objective is to safely deliver 100 percent (%) complete construction projects that meet all contract and customer expectations the first time, every time.
Our commitment to quality means:
- Every Woodruff employee is responsible for fully implementing and complying with all provisions of the Woodruff Construction quality system.
- Our quality standards meet or exceed all applicable regulations, codes, industry standards, and manufacturer specifications as well as with our customers’ contract and individual requirements.
- We stand behind our work. We inspect every work task to assure conformance to the project requirements. Should problems be found, we correct them.
- We are always improving. All employees receive regular training to make systematic improvements to remove quality risks and enhance quality performance.
At Woodruff Construction we realize that superior quality control is the basis of our reputation as a General Contractor. Our management knows quality control is defined as meeting the requirements of the contract documents in addition to our strict standards of quality.
Woodruff Construction understands that without open lines of communication between the project team, our valuable input & expertise during the crucial design phase could be inadvertently overlooked.
Face-to-face project meetings on a regular basis are fundamental to the process of making the decisions that will ultimately make all projects a success. Woodruff will document the events of the project on a daily basis during construction for weekly review by the Project Manager. Quality control & assurance are always backed by independent 3rd party testing on an agreed upon schedule.
Our Quality Control program begins at performing quality checks & guidelines for all phases of construction. The Project Superintendent must complete inspections of the work using these guidelines before a construction activity is completed. Quality control job walks are conducted with the University’s Project Manager, Design Team/Engineers, Woodruff Project Manager, Superintendent, & all other important parties of the project to check on the work being performed to ensure quality assurance.